Friday, March 02, 2007

Voice over: Blackbird

The AWP conference is a massive gathering of the literary tribes - this year at the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.
I've loaded my ears with discussions and readings, my suitcase with books and journals to share with students.
And something special - I stopped by the Blackbird booth at the book fair to say hello and thanks again for using one of my poems. The staffers said, why don't you record the poem - we're doing that here.
So, two takes at the hotel room recording studio, and "Adam and Eve as Fire and Water" will be available as an audio clip soon at Blackbird

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie--It's your old (and I do mean old) Jamestown creative writing teacher. I saw you had a panel at AWP but couldn't find you there. I'm at The Georgia Review now. Drop me an email at dcarl@uga.edu.
Doug Carlson