Friday, March 17, 2006

Pretty things

The past two weeks have been busy with all manner of pretty things - from the words of Donald Hall and Jane Hirschfeld at AWP to the peculiarities of typography for Wake Wake Wake.
AWP was a great event - my first time in Texas. I hadn't been to one of these in many years and the practice of academic writing has certainly expanded. One panelist said there are now over 700 writing programs at colleges and universities around the nation.
The book fair was incredible; I was a child in the Chocolate Factory. In fact, many of the booths offered chocolate as an enticement - Red Hen Press featured cover art from its books wrapping Symphony bars. Both were yummy.
Right now I'm selecting the typeface for the new poetry collection. Press 53 makes the publishing process truly collaborative! I'm very excited about the cover art, to come from Greensboro artist Brian Hibbard.
Some new links on the left will take you to the press and the artist.

No comments: